The Cunning Grandma vs. the Law

The Cunning Grandma vs. the Law

Grandma Ethel was an 85-year-old widow who lived alone in her small cottage. One day, as she was walking home from the grocery store, she saw a group of police officers raiding her neighbor's house. She watched from a distance, curious about what was going on.

As she was watching, one of the officers noticed her and approached her. "Excuse me, ma'am, do you know anything about what's going on over there?" he asked.

Grandma Ethel didn't want to get involved, so she simply shook her head and replied, "No, officer, I don't know anything."

But the officer was suspicious. He thought he saw something in her shopping bag that looked like it might be stolen goods. He asked to search her bag, but Grandma Ethel refused.

The officer was getting more and more frustrated, but Grandma Ethel just smiled and said, "I'm sorry officer, but I'm an old woman and I need to get home. My cat is waiting for me."

The officer finally let her go, but he made a note of her name and address. Later that day, he went to her house to search it, thinking he might find some evidence. But Grandma Ethel had a trick up her sleeve.

She had heard the officer coming and quickly hid all of her valuables, including her jewelry and cash, in a secret compartment under her bed. When the officer arrived, he searched the entire house, but couldn't find anything.

Frustrated, the officer asked her if she knew anything about the raid. Grandma Ethel replied, "Well, I heard some noises last night, but I thought it was just the wind. I didn't want to bother anyone, so I didn't call the police."

The officer left, feeling defeated. But Grandma Ethel just laughed to herself, knowing that she had outsmarted him.

From that day on, whenever the police came to her neighborhood, Grandma Ethel would always greet them with a smile, but never let them search her house. She had become the town's most cunning and mysterious old lady, and nobody dared to mess with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment