As You Asked

Once upon a time, in a small village, there lived a man named John. John was known for his curious nature and his love for making jokes. One day, a stranger visited the village and asked John for directions to the nearest market. John, being the mischievous person he was, decided to have some fun with the stranger.

"Sure, I can help you get there," John said. "But I have one condition, you have to do as I ask."

The stranger, thinking nothing of it, agreed.

"Okay, then first, hop on one foot and say 'I am a chicken!'" John said, trying to contain his laughter.

The stranger, not wanting to seem rude, did as he was asked. The entire village was in stitches as they watched the stranger hopping on one foot and clucking like a chicken.

Next, John asked the stranger to do a handstand while singing "Mary Had a Little Lamb." The stranger, now getting frustrated, reluctantly complied.

Finally, John led the stranger to the market and said, "As you asked, I have brought you to the market."

The stranger was so angry that he couldn't even speak, but John just laughed and said, "I told you, you had to do as I asked!"

From that day on, the stranger never asked for directions from John again, but the villagers still laughed about the incident every time they remembered it.

No comments:

Post a Comment